Search engines like Google, Yahoo, or Bing have constantly sought ways on how to improve the quality of their search results. Crucial factor includes on-page Search Engine Optimization (SEO) together with off-page SEO. Let us walk you through with some of the most important on-page SEO factors that you can use and implement to increase your web page’s visibility on search engines.
1. Pay attention to browser’s compatibility – Remember that not every user uses the same or one browser only. Run a check on every web browser to see how your web page looks. Some browser may not be compatible with your web page design and it may look like an amateur or at worst a total disaster. The most common web browsers are the Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Safari. You may also want to check mobile web browsers since browsing through mobile is starting to be popular nowadays. What you need to do is optimize your web page design for the common web browsers to cover all bases.
2. Quality links and trusted sites – It may be well worth noting that your site needs to create not just some links but quality links. Quantity is important but quality should be your top-most concern. Concurrently, your back-up quality links should be placed on trusted sites to optimize your search ranking results. You may use the “TrustRank” to check and measure how much the site’s trust rank is. Knowing who you link to and who links to you is one factor that search engines check out. For all you know the site may be a spammer and you just lost a chance of improving your SEO.
3. Use and repeat your key phrases or keywords – You might have heard this a dozen times in many SEO tips and strategies only because we want to stress its importance in building your website’s visibility. Keywords and key phrases play a vital role in on-page SEO and highlighting its significance is a must for everyone who wants to be on top of the search engine results page.
4. Putting a name on your photo is like putting a name on a face – Just recently, SEOmoz found out that placing images with tags have correlations not only with image rankings but particularly with page rankings. Although the correlation has not really been established or grounded, it would not hurt you to give your images or photos a keyword tag.
5. Do not fill your web page with numerous Adsense – Recent developments in the world of SEO revealed in the results of the SEOmoz study that those websites who have lower rankings have several Adsense. This correlation just signifies that if your website is loaded with Adsense, your ranking will be found in the bottom. This correlation is conveying a message that your web page should contain well-written and structured content more than the advertisements hence Adsense is no longer in the list of good on-page SEO strategy.
There are still a variety of ways to optimize your on-page SEO and it can require much of your time. It is not just a one-time process but an on-going development so you need to be patient and persistent with it.